COVID-19 has fundamentally altered the US educational landscape. Now more than ever, schools, districts, and leaders need support in navigating the uncertainly facing SY 20-21 and responding to student, family, and educator need as a result of COVID-19. Combined, our team brings over 60 years of experience as teachers, school leaders, and district leaders in in-person as well as hybrid, blended, and remote learning settings.
Our COVID-19 response strategy and planning support focuses primarily on:
- Co-designing and co-creating Reopening Plans and/or Hybrid/Blended/Remote Learning Plans;
- Reviewing, providing feedback, and offering guidance to spur continuous improvement and refinement of Reopening Plans and/or Hybrid/Blended/Remote Learning Plans;
- Professional development and ongoing coaching, development, and support around reopening, hybrid/remote teaching and learning, and ensuring equity and access.
Some of our COVID-response work to date has focused on:
- Reviewing and refining the hybrid learning plans of multiple schools located in Boston, MA;
- Co-creating the re-entry plan and hybrid learning plan for a network of public schools in Ohio;
- Developing the Continuity of Learning/Hybrid Learning Plan national guidance for the National Association of Charter School Authorizers;
- Creating and facilitating professional development sessions to prepare school leaders, instructional coaches, and teachers for effective instructional and leadership practices in a hybrid/remote setting;
- Facilitating COVID-response professional development sessions and webinars to schools, school boards, school associations, and authorizers in CA, MA, MI, MO, NJ, NY, and TX.
We believe that plans and strategies are only valuable if they can be acted upon and implemented. Our team becomes your team as we help to execute your strategic goals. Our team believes in directly engaging with all levels of leadership and various stakeholders to create more sustainable and impactful organizations. Our approach to any project will be unique to the school’s or district’s individual and specific needs. Also, there will be time built into the project to elicit feedback from the school or district as well as align on timelines and deliverables. A sample project plan could be as follows:
PHASE 1 – LEARN
Our team will learn deeply about the school or district, its core beliefs around teaching and learning as well as its stakeholder experiences and data from March 2020-May 2020 and deliver a Summary Findings Report.
PHASE 2 – RESEARCH
Our team will coalesce best practices and resources for re-entry and hybrid learning plans and deliver a Re-Entry Best Practices Report and/or a Hybrid Learning Best Practices Report.
PHASE 3 – CREATE
Our team will co-design or review the Re-Entry Plan and/or Hybrid Learning Plan that is unique to the school’s or district’s beliefs, values, and goals and that covers, but is not limited to instructional planning and practice, culture building, schedules, engagement, etc.
PHASE 4 – STAFF AND DEVELOP
Our team will co-create or review the Staffing Plan, Staff Expectation Guidance, and Professional Development Scope and Sequence, aligned to the Re-Entry Plan and/or Hybrid Learning Plan.
PHASE 5 – COACH
Our team will provide ongoing Leadership Coaching to school or district leaders.
If your school or district is looking for a thought partner and support as it works to address the uncertainly COVID-19 has created, please do not hesitate to reach out to our Founder & CEO, Mark Comanducci (firstname.lastname@example.org) to explore ways we can help.